Complimentary eBook offers a comprehensive regulatory, legal, and historical overview of the rapidly growing US debt relief space.
“Guide to US Consumer Debt Relief: Industry Overview, Laws & Regulations” is now available as a downloadable eBook from Shipkevich PLLC.
Our attorneys have brought together their legal and regulatory knowledge on the debt relief space to prepare this concise and comprehensive guide with the goal of educating and informing those inquiring about the space.
The debt relief industry is large and growing. It is becoming increasingly important to keep abreast of the history of the space, how and why it is being regulated, both federally and on the state-level, and any potential changes to come.
This Guide summarizes the history of consumer credit and debt, the rise of debt relief services, and provides an outline of the debt relief space and its participants, with a key focus on the debt settlement industry and its regulations.
Within the Guide you will find information on:
- The History of Consumer Credit and Debt
- The Debt Settlement Process and Its Participants
- Debt Settlement Companies
- Other Debt Relief Services
- The Types of Debt Settlement Models
- Debt Settlement Case Law and Enforcement Actions
- The Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR)
- The Unfair or Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP)
- State Regulations on Debt Settlement