Miami, FL (Remote)
Shipkevich PLLC is seeking a well-rounded, highly motivated litigation associate attorney with 3 years of litigation experience for its Miami, Florida office. This position is fully remote with the exception of approximately five (5) core days per year for which physical attendance is mandatory. The successful candidate must have an active Florida Bar License, strong academic credentials, and a willingness to learn and gain experience from a success-driven and dedicated team of attorneys who value mentorship.
Shipkevich represents a variety of clients from international corporations to small startup fintech businesses and individual clients in business disputes across the country. Shipkevich offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, complemented by a benefits package including Medical Insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling and managing all types of business and commercial litigation cases from client intake to trial with limited oversight, including discovery, mediation, arbitration, motion practice, client coordination, and in-person court/arbitration/mediation appearances as needed;
- Handling and managing all types of regulatory investigation cases from client intake to trial with limited oversight, including remote and in-person appearances as needed;
- Pre-litigation legal services including client intake, reviewing and analyzing vast amounts of information and documents in preparation for litigation, researching and analyzing complicated and novel legal issues, drafting and/or preparing responses to demand letters, responding to pre-litigation correspondence, and negotiating settlements;
- Regularly communicating with clients;
- Legal research and writing, including but not limited to researching statutes, regulations, and case law using Westlaw/LexisNexis, and drafting legal briefs, memos, and client updates;
- Drafting interrogatories and document demands, and preparing responses to interrogatories and document demands;
- Arguing motion and opposition hearings remotely and in court;
- Researching and drafting arbitration and mediation briefs and physically attending mediation and arbitration hearings;
- Submitting filings to the court and/or arbitration tribunal; and
- Physically traveling to, appearing at, and participating in the firm’s core days, including but not limited to the firm’s events held in the United States. (All travel expenses to be paid by firm)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Actively licensed and in good standing with the Florida bar; California and/or New York bar licenses are a plus but not mandatory;
- Excellent academic credentials and strong writing, analytical, and communication skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with exceptional organizational skills, the ability to juggle priorities, and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Must be a self-starter who can handle multiple projects with competing priorities and demonstrate adherence to both internal and external deadlines;
- Ability and desire to interface directly with clients and opposing counsel;
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, a deep commitment to client service, community involvement, and the ability to multitask and appropriately prioritize matters;
- Proactive, positive attitude with a client-focused mentality;
- Ability to work flexible hours independently and be team-oriented;
- Virtually attend regular team meetings and trainings for professional development; and
- Eager to take on challenges outside of your comfort zone.
- Available immediately
- Active Florida Bar License
Shipkevich Practice Areas:
Commercial and Business Litigation, Cross Border Litigation, Enforcement and Defense Litigation, Blockchain Technology and Digital Currency, Compliance and Advisory, Money Service Businesses, Capital Markets and Foreign Exchange, Credit Counselling and Debt Services, Debt Relief Services Industry Compliance, Dodd Frank Act, Financial Institutions, International Law, and Payment Systems and Electronic Commerce.
Why Shipkevich PLLC?
Shipkevich PLLC is a rapidly expanding, premier law practice powered by a diverse team of both business and legal talent. Our growth is fueled by a foundation built on dignity, respect, and trust. With a national community of partners who surpass the outdated model of a traditional law firm, we are able to adapt to the evolving needs of our clients. Our world-class attorneys draw on the knowledge and expertise gained from representing Fortune 500 companies on five continents around the world. We pride ourselves on offering a large firm’s caliber of talent with a boutique firm’s aptitude for personal attention. We believe that there is no substitute for understanding an industry and a client’s needs inside and out.
We value teamwork, mentorship, and creating a supportive working environment that enables all of our personnel to achieve and deliver excellence in their professional careers. We actively embrace different backgrounds, viewpoints, and perspectives as we strive to promote diversity in our workplace and our community.
Shipkevich PLLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If you are an outstanding candidate, we invite you to send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.