Junior Associate Attorney
New York, New York (Remote)
Shipkevich PLLC is seeking a well-rounded, highly motivated attorney with 1-3 years of experience for its New York City office. The successful candidate must have an active New York Bar License, strong academic credentials, and willingness to learn and gain experience from a success driven and dedicated team of attorneys who value mentorship.
Shipkevich represents a variety of clients from international corporations to small startup fintech businesses and individual clients in business disputes across the country. Shipkevich offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, complemented by a benefits package including Medical Insurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Licensing review, application, and renewal for debt settlement services and other financial services.
- Drafting of briefs, memos, and client updates
- Draft and negotiate vendor agreements, affiliate marketing agreements, funding agreements, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, sublease agreements, and other various agreements.
- Legal research pertaining to licensing and/or compliance requirements for other financial service industries, including credit repair and money transmission.
- Pre-litigation services including draft demand letters, responding to pre-litigation correspondence, and negotiating settlements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Actively licensed and in good standing with a state bar; Florida bar license is a plus but not mandatory
- Excellent academic credentials and strong writing, analytical, and communications skills
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced environment, requiring exceptional organizational skills, juggling priorities, and adhering to strict deadlines
- Must be a self-starter who can handle multiple projects with competing priorities and understand the importance of deadlines
- Client-focused mentality
- Takes initiatives and welcomes challenges
- Ability to work flexibly and independently within a strong team
- A natural when it comes to taking initiative
- Eager to take on challenges outside of your comfort zone
- Available immediately
- Active New York Bar License
Shipkevich Practice Areas:
Blockchain Technology and Digital Currency, Compliance and Advisory, Money Service Businesses, Capital Markets and Foreign Exchange, Credit Counselling and Debt Services, Debt Relief Services Industry Compliance, Dodd Frank Act, Financial Institutions, International Law, Payment Systems and Electronic Commerce, Commercial and Business Litigation, Cross Border Litigation, Enforcement and Defense Litigation
Why Shipkevich PLLC?
Shipkevich PLLC is a rapidly expanding, premier law practice powered by a diverse team of both business and legal talent. Our growth is fueled by a foundation built on dignity, respect and trust. With a national community of partners who surpass the outdated model of a traditional law firm, we are able to adapt to the evolving needs of our clients. Our world-class partners draw on the knowledge and expertise gained from representing Fortune 500 companies in five continents. Our counsel provides a large firm’s proficiency and a boutique practice’s personal attention. ‘We believe that there is no substitute for understanding an industry and a client’s needs inside and out.
We value teamwork, mentorship, and creating a supportive environment that enables all of our personnel to achieve and deliver excellence in their professional careers. We actively embrace different backgrounds, viewpoints, and perspectives as we strive to promote diversity in our workplace and our community.
Shipkevich PLLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If you are an outstanding candidate, we invite you to send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.