Information Technology & e-Commerce
Our attorneys handle cases in information technology law, negotiating software development contracts, issues related to outsourcing, distribution, licensing, privacy and confidentiality including advising start-ups and established companies on computer services agreements. Shipkevich represents software developers and web-based companies in regulatory and corporate matters, intellectual property, and ownership and privacy issues. We draft and negotiate IT and ecommerce agreements to reduce risk for those in insurance, financial services, and high tech businesses.
Shipkevich’s information technology and e-commerce services include:
- Prepare, draft and negotiate licensing arrangements for databases;
- Counsel firms on payment processing, money transmission, and automated clearinghouse systems;
- Develop licensing agreements for foreign exchange, swap platforms, central registration depository (CRD), master service agreements, and API licensing;
- Implement liquidity provider agreements between foreign exchange/technology firms, banks, and foreign exchange and swaps dealers;
- Draft and negotiate consulting agreements, outsourcing agreements, disaster recovery agreements, data privacy and security agreements, and customer management agreements;
- Implement promotional policies and medium of exchange policies for financial and technology firms in the United States and the European Union;
- Counsel clients on developing and maintaining websites, including drafting and negotiating web hosting agreements, agreements for servicing, and securing licenses for content or technology;
- Draft legal disclaimers, terms and conditions of use, and privacy policies.